Javanese Cleansing Face Mask (only 1 ingredient!)
For today’s Sunday Pamper and Sunday Self-Love I am presenting you my friend Vivi’s original Javanese cleansing face mask that she taught me a couple of days ago.
The best thing about this face mask is that it consists of just ONE ingredient. So it is:
- super easy to make
- super cheap
- chemical free
- organic (if you buy the right stuff)
The one ingredient you need is…
It has a great cleansing effect and due to its structure it is also great for exfoliating and getting rid of dead skin cells. You can also add other ingredients of your choice. We added a tiny bit of cinnamon for anti-aging effects 🙂
- Soak 1 or 2 table spoons of sticky rice in some water (rice should be slightly covered by the water)
- Leave it for about 4-5 hours
- Put the rice and a tiny bit (!) of the water into a mortar
- Grind until you got a smooth white paste (add a little bit more water if necessary)
- Apply the face mask evenly onto your face
- Let it dry completely for about 15 minutes
- Wash it off and exfoliate your skin in circular motions
Have fun trying this rice face mask. I will definitely do it again as it is so easy to do and so cheap and it gives you great skin only using natural products.
Happy Sunday from Yogyakarta!